Monday, September 27, 2010

Tower Bridge and Tower of London





On Sunday I spent the day exploring the Tower of London as well as walking across Tower Bridge. I am not normally the type of person who enjoys visiting tourist attractions, however I am fascinated by English history so for me seeing the tower was a must. It was fascinating to be in a place that has been the backdrop for so many historical events, the tower was beautiful but it was slightly eerie to be standing and walking around in a place that had been the spot of so many brutal murders. I was also fascinated to learn that the tower still serves as residences for officials of the British military, it was funny to see the laundry of the officers and their families hanging from a clothing line in one of the tower courtyards.

No comments:

Post a Comment