Thursday, September 30, 2010

...its called ART










I spent the day at the Tate Modern and was blown away by the amazing, and thought provoking artwork. Exploring the various museums in London is a great way to escape the overcast rainy weather, it not only provides a warm shelter but also an inexpensive educational experience (most museums in London such as the Tate are free). Art has always fascinated me, and I have learned to appreciate different artistic forms through art classes in high school and university as well as by exploring art houses with my mom. The picture of me standing next the large abstract expressionist artwork was painted by my favorite artist Jackson Pollock, if you haven't heard of him spend some time researching him and his method because he is amazing! Better yet, if you happen to be close to a museum that houses one of his paintings take a trip to visit and pay attention to his use of movement and color (if reading and art are not your thing then netflix Pollock).

No comments:

Post a Comment