Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Original Wellington



Most people are aware of my obsession with Hunter Wellington boots, now that the weather in London has turned cold and rainy my Wellingtons have once again resurfaced in my wardrobe. The other day I was walking around central London and turned a corner and found a pub named after the Duke of Wellington. The first Duke of Wellington commissioned the first pair of Hunter boots because he needed a boot that would be suitable to wear for war as well as appropriate to wear under pants during dinner and other social occasions- i bet the Duke didn't realize that he was such a fashionista or that he had started a fashion trend! Unlike the Duke, I do not wear my boots to war, I do however wear them over my skinny jeans and if I am feeling really daring I even wear them at night with my sparkly dresses!

1 comment:

  1. Yes Alex, the Hunter boot is my favorite rainy day accessory. You don't have to live in London to experience the great style of Wellingtons. Even in the Pacific Northwest Hunter boots make appearances at soccer games, dog parks and even to the movies. You have great taste and look forward to more interesting facts about London fashion.

    ReplyDelete