Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Palace Down the Street!



One of my favorite things about living in London is the history that encompasses the entire city. Last week the sun finally started to shine in England and so in order to soak up as much pleasant weather as possible I decide to go for a walk around town. While walking I ended up Greenwhich-which neighbors my town. I love this area of town because it is filled with cute boutiques, restaurants and most importantly a STARBUCKS! While walking through Greenwich I stumbled upon what use to be Greenwich Palace. The palace is now home to the Royal Naval Academy, however, it was once the favorite palace of King Henry the VIII and the birthplace of the great Elizabeth I. I love that this historic palace is just a few minutes from my home, being able to walk in a building that housed so much history is awe inspiring and being surrounded by things that I was once only able to read about it books reminds me how much I love London.

No comments:

Post a Comment