Friday, November 5, 2010

London Style: Military Chic






As everyone knows I am a little obsessive about fashion, and living in London has proven to be a fashion feast for my eyes! The British have an amazing innate sense of style and I am constantly entertained by people watching. I love to see how my mates and random people on the street put their outfits together. One of the reasons why I love fashion so much here, is because there is a freedom of expression that we don't seem to have at home, everyone wears whatever they feel like wearing and there seems to be no judgement from others. For example one of my classmates wore a sparkly dress to lecture with black combat boots, black tights and a fur jacket and no one acted as if wearing a party dress and fur coat to lecture was out of the normal-perhaps thats because that is the norm in London. One of the major trends in London right now is military chic. Military chic can be worn a number of different ways, I prefer to incorporate military style in my outfits in a soft utility way. For example, paring short tie-up combat boots, with tights and a floral dress with a belted cardigan, or wearing my green cargo trousers with high heels and a soft tailored blouse . If you are a little tense about this trend, then try to incorporate it in your outfit by simply altering an item of clothing that you already have. I changed the buttons on one of my favorite camel jackets to vintage military buttons-thus embracing the trend without looking overtly trendy. How will you embrace military chic this Autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment