Monday, November 15, 2010

How to pack for a last minute holiday



My flatmate and I took a spur of the moment holiday to Turkey during our school reading break this past week. We booked the trip three days before we left, because it was so last minute I was left scrambling trying to find clothing that could be worn in warm weather. I left ALL of my summer clothing/shoes back in America so we had to do a mad dash through my wardrobe to find clothing that would work well in the warm climate. I ended up making due with two sleeveless day dresses (worn in town with a cardigan to be respectful of their culture), one pair of leggings, and a pair wedge nude colored sandals. My favorite clothing item for the holiday turned out to be a blue oversized men's style sleep shirt that I was able to convert into a coverup for the beach/pool (thank goodness I over packed for London and brought a bikini with me!!!!) that also doubled as tunic worn belted with white skinny jeans during the day. Holiday packing can be a little stressful, however with the amount of traveling I have been doing lately I have learned that it is best to pack lightly and to bring things that can be worn during the day and dressed up for night.

2 comments:

  1. please excuse me for not being a gentleman but i have to say, you have a lovely pair of legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a fucking jerk, best not to reply to him at all!

    ReplyDelete